Holy Trinity Dunfermline
By 1890, the congregation had outgrown Trinity Chapel and it was felt that a new, larger church was desirable. Permission was sought and duly granted by Bishop Wordsworth in September 1889.
Plans for the new church were drawn up by Dr Rowand Anderson of Edinburgh and were later approved by the Building Committee, comprising the Reverend J. Nairne Imrie, Mr Erskine Beveridge and the Earl of Elgin.
The font and pipe organ were brought from the old Chapel, which appears to have been vacated before the new Church was ready.
Holy Trinity Dunfermline, on the corner of Viewfield Terrace and the East Port, was consecrated in September 1891, again by the Bishop of Glasgow in the absence of the Bishop of St Andrews.
The later addition of a church hall which is available to hire and an even later upgrade in the 70s with toilets and a kitchen which was renovated in the early 90s. The church has longer term ambitions to rebuild the 70s extension to include a safer more welcoming entrance, showers, an additional meeting room and upgrade the kitchen to modern commercial standards.
We have also made many improvements to the building over the years including our children’s area and our Live Streaming tech booth. Recent work to fix our roof is underway and we now have free Wi-Fi throughout the building.