Holy Trinity Dunfermline has a range of groups for you to join for religious study, fellowship or just fun. Below you can find information about some of our social and faith based groups that meet regularly and how to get involved, even if you just want to visit and see if it’s for you. If you need more details message us on Facebook or email ku.gro.hcruhcytinirtylohnull@ofni.
Youth & Children
Youth & Children are at the forefront of our life, they are included in our services, events, shows, meals and groups bringing everyone together from any age. They are split into 3 sections:
Faith Based Groups
- Prayer Group: To request a prayer for you or your loved one, or to join our reflective community in praying for others. For more info click here or email: ku.gro.hcruhcytinirtylohnull@reyarp.
- Christian Meditation: Is an ecumenical group following the World Community of Christian Meditation resources providing a quiet space for meditation, discussion and reflection. Meeting each Tuesday at 3pm: Contact Linda Brownlie.
- Mothers’ Union: Our church is part of a Global community, as we continue to work in an ever-challenging world, why not join us in our journey and be a part of something life-changing? Contact: Linda Brownlie.
- Study Groups: Throughout the year we run periods of Bible Study, all are welcome, please contact our Rector to get involved in our next session via our contact us page.
- Sunday@Six: Our brothers and sisters at St Margarets Rosyth meet on 1st Sunday of the month at 6pm (some variations) for a range of Music, Worship and presentations. For more info head to their website.
- YF+: something for teens P7+ reflecting on the Revised Common Lectionary readings, equipping everyone to feel confident in joining conversation about faith. For more info click here or contact: ku.gro.hcruhcytinirtylohnull@htuoy.
- Choir: Our Choir sings at many of our services and meets every Sunday after the 11am service for rehearsals (with optional pub lunch after). All singers are welcome no matter what, if any, experience you may have. Contact our Musical Director: Roger Weatherhogg via our contact us page.
- Organ: Our beautiful Church Organ was completed in 1891 and has recently been refurbished. If you would like to use it for musical study, recitals or practice Contact: Brendan Grimley.
- Our Organist: If you require the services of our organist please contact: Roger Weatherhogg via our contact us page.
Tech Team & Communications
Our new broadcast equipment requires a team of volunteers to help run our weekly services. We are looking for keen individuals with no experience required, any age or background, who turns up every week or rarely to join our wee group. We also run the website, church signs and look at various ways to connect with others, all you have to do is message us for more info.
- HT Friendship Group: meets in the evening on the 1st and 3rd Monday on the month in the church hall, the website will be updated with more details: contact: Yvonne Gosling.
- Welcome: Each week a team of volunteers help welcome friends and visitors to the church, first impressions make a real difference. If you want to help contact: Linda Sherwood via our contact us page.
- Readings : We are always looking for new voices to read scripture during our services on a rota basis. If you want to find out more contact: Linda Sherwood via our contact us page.
- Intercessions: If you want to write and lead us in prayer you can join as a one off or more regularly on a rota basis. To find out more contact: Linda Sherwood via our contact us page.
- Chalice: Sharing communion each week is the focal point of our service, a team of volunteers are licenced to assist in sharing the wine. If you want to help our Altar team contact: Phil Smithard.
- Serving: The altar only runs smoothly with the help of dedicated servers both young and old. If you want to join the altar team get in touch with: Phil Smithard.
- Refreshments: After each service a small team of volunteers provide us all with Tea, Coffee, biscuits and occasional cake. If you would like to help contact: Helen Dalgity.
- Flowers: Our church has wonderful flower displays throughout the year. We also put them together for Weddings, Funerals and Baptisms. If you want to learn the art and help out contact: Gill Wardell.
Community/Local Groups with a connection to HTD.
- 3rd Dunfermline Boys Brigade (St Leonards Parish Church)
- 1st Crossgates Brownies/Guides (Contact:moc.liamgnull@sreihtelennairam)