As part of Holy Trinity keeping connected, we are trying something new! Whilst we still connect online via our live services we can miss the chats as over a cuppa, in the pew, entering and leaving church. Alongside our Blether with HTD Facebook group we’d love to get to know you (the congregation) making friends and connections old and new through our new Friends of HTD questionnaire.
Next up we have Linda our People’s Warden. She can be found at the back of the church and is always busy welcoming, helping out and keeping us organised with her rotas.
Below are some things you may know or may find surprising to continue building friendships in our Holy Trinity community, even during lockdown.
- Name: My name is Linda Sherwood and I am currently People’s Warden at Holy Trinity Church, Dunfermline.
- Where are you from: I am originally from Seaford in East Sussex but have lived in Scotland for 48 years.
- What is/was your occupation? I am now retired but have worked as a clerk in an accountant’s office, a secretary and wages clerk in a cinema, a receptionist in Carnegie Leisure Centre and for the last 14 years of my working life as a teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Explain a little about what faith is to you? My faith is the thing that anchors me and holds me steady in life, particularly in difficult or turbulent times.
- Favourite pastime/hobby?My favourite pastimes are walking, reading, going to concerts and the cinema, travelling and lunching out.
- What’s your connection to HTD? I have been a member of Holy Trinity Church for about 20 years and I am currently People’s Warden.
- Favourite place you have visited? My favourite place to visit is France. I love the food, the architecture, the markets and the people. Nearer to home it has to be Edinburgh which is a beautiful city.
- A piece of advice you would give…. to never think you are too old to try something new.
- Favourite hymn? ‘Dear Lord and Father of Mankind’. It speaks about the human condition and our weaknesses and God’s grace to us.
- Favourite treat to eat? really good artisan bread, I can’t resist it.
- An interesting fact about you that might surprise us … my ex-husband and I used to own a Harley Davidson Sportster motorbike and I loved going up to Aviemore to take part in the Harley Meets. I also rode pillion on a bike in the Edinburgh Festival Parade. I’ve still got my Harley vest with all the event pins and badges on it.