We are using resources from Roots (exploring the same passage from the Revised Common Lectionary, equipping everyone to feel confident in joining the conversation about the Scriptures)
They also produce resources so all can engage with the same readings Kenny will have read in his service.
We are sharing them with you to complete or share with your family to build on the worship from earlier and for something extra to do during lockdown.
Powerful Spirit: Find the courage to speak out
You will need: coloured pens, speech bubble shapes (below)
Optional: orange, yellow and red paper
- Cut out flame shapes from orange, yellow and red paper and write on them the names of different countries. Build up a fire picture using these flames. Alternatively, print, colour in and write on black and white image below (click on it to view a larger version).
- Look at the flames that you’ve made. The Holy Spirit can help all of us, whoever we are and wherever we are from. It can help us do things and give us the courage to speak out.
- Help everyone to think of situations they could speak out about e.g. at school, in the local area, in the news.
- Give everyone a pen and a speech bubble on which to write something they could speak out about.
- Sit in a circle together with everyone’s speech bubble in front of them. Say, ‘Holy Spirit, help us to speak out.’ Spend some time in quiet reflection.
- Finish by repeating: ‘Holy Spirit, help us to speak out.’