As part of Holy Trinity keeping connected, we are trying something new! Whilst we still connect online via our live services we can miss the chats as over a cuppa, in the pew, entering and leaving church. Alongside our Blether with HTD Facebook group we’d love to get to know you (the congregation) making friends and connections old and new through our new Friends of HTD questionnaire.
Next up we have Sheona, usually found helping out Young Church and helping organise our popular Christingle. Sheona shares how her and her family came to worship with us.
Below are some things you may know or may find surprising to continue building friendships in our Holy Trinity community, even during lockdown.
1. Name: Sheona Wedge
2. Where are you from: Born in Stirling, Went to school in Arbroath
3. What is/was your occupation? Primary Teacher. Previously worked for Lloyds TSB in Personnel department
4. Explain a little about what faith is to you? My faith has always been important to my family, providing support many times throughout our lives. My faith is strengthened by the friendships I have made and developed over the years at church in Arbroath and Dunfermline.
5. Favourite pastime/hobby? Theatre, holidays, eating out
6. What’s your connection to HTD? Came to HTD in 1995/96 when Naval church in Rosyth closed and we were looking for a new church for our Young Family to worship in. Ran Young Church for many years and still help out regularly
7. Tell us about your family… Husband Graeme, 3 sons, Andrew, Gavin & Iain
8. Do you have any pets? No
9. Favourite place you have visited? Japan for the Rugby World Cup in October last year.
10. Favourite TV show? “The A Word “at the moment
11. Favourite film? Any Musical.
12. A piece of advice you would give…. “Live for today”
13. Favourite hymn? Here I am Lord
14. Favourite colour? Orange or Purple
15. Do you have a favourite sport and/or sports team? Scotland Rugby
16. Favourite treat to eat? Galaxy or Cadburys Fruit & Nut chocolate
17. If you were to go to a deserted island what 3 things would you take? My husband, a radio and a photo album of my family